Thursday, February 21, 2008

Wikipedia, The Wonder of

Anytime I need information, my first stop shopping is always Wikipedia. Now, I know, I know. You can't always trust it. But, for the most part, it's proven itself over the past years as a reliable place to BEGIN any type of research. It's ok, you can disagree with me if you want to. The rest of my profession does (stupid traditional librarians....)

Anyway, I typed in Toy Soldiers, just to see what I would find, and this article came up. Not too bad. It also links to a nice introductory of the Marx Company. The nice thing about Wikipedia is, if you see anything that is WAY wrong, you can change it yourself. Or heck, add a whole new page on something you think needs to be there. Of course, if you're way off base, they'll revert it back. Just thought it was interesting.

There should be a word for spending way too much time on Wikipedia...

"What ya been doin' today man?"

"You know, just wikapedin' a bit."

Errr. maybe not.

No comments: