Sunday, February 17, 2008

Scored some 21st Century

I hit the Toys R' Us in Indianapolis today and picked up the 21st Century Italian and German DAK infantry. They had quite a few of them hanging on the pegs. When I got them home and opened them up, I was really impressed with the details and sculpting of the figures. These, along with their recent Germans, Russians, and Japanese, have simply been awesome. Some might say they are a bit spindley, but I think they look great.

My wife and I spent the better part of this afternoon painting some Barzso accessories. Barrels, treasure chests, logs, cannon, and those awesome slop buckets. I was a little hesitant to put the paint brush to these, since they came as part of a set, and it was expensive... and, well, I don't know. Anytime you change something, make it different than what it was originally, you wonder if it is for better, or for worse. In this case, it brought the pieces to life. I'm still loath to paint any of my figures, but I'm getting better at the side items.

No comments: