Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A Variety of Soldierish Things

First off, run on over to the Conteco site and tell them what color you want the unpainted Spartans and Immortals in. For the Spartans, I would love to see the scarlet color. Seems to fit best in my opinion. For the Immortals, I have no opinion. In fact, I would like to see them in a variety of colors like some previous Conte troops. Still no word as to the contents of the Spartan playset. Hopefully that cat will get let out of the bag in the near future.

I'm not a metal guy so much, but I do appreciate them. Plus, I've always had a soft spot for the fantasy miniatures from the Reaper company. They mostly do mini (20mm?) figures for games such as Dungeons and Dragons. I used to play a bit and I always loved their line of miniatures. They have, in the recent past, done a few 54mm figures in white metal. It's a variety of sculpts, but a couple of them are pretty cool. My favorite, and one that I would consider buying, is the Monique DuNoir vampire. Rockin'. Anyway, for you Metal guys, thought that might be of interest.

Back to Conte for a second, you can see on the same page as the Spartan color options that they have restocked some of their older playsets including an FFL set and a Zulu set. Man, I'd love to pick them up, but I have to wait to see what is new at OTSN this year. If nothing new sparks my interest, I'll look into going back and picking up an out of production playset from either Conte or Barzso. But the chances of not seeing something new I want is slim to none if I had to guess.

No comments: