Thursday, June 26, 2008

Sprucing up the Spruces

As I may have said here before, I love the Christmas Village accessories. Rock walls, fences, street lamps, grave stones, trees of all sorts... But the problem with them is that you can only pick them up during the holidays. I tried to prove that statement wrong by visiting a local Hallmark store on 96th street in Indianapolis. They have miniature village accesories for Christmas and Halloween all year round. Problem is, I had no idea how expensive this stuff is when it isn't on sale.

See, I usually pick us this junk right before or after christmas when they have 70% markdowns. They are usually trying to give this stuff away. You can get a tree for a buck, a full rock wall for $1.50, and all sorts of cool little knick knacks for next to nothing. But when it ain't on sale, you can expect to pay $20 for a pack of four trees, or $18 for a rock wall. Youch. No thanks. I'll wait till the holidays to spruce up my spruce collection.

No comments: