Wednesday, June 11, 2008

21st Century British

21st Century is finally going to be releasing their next British Infantry Set. I first saw these awhile ago advertised on the back of another set and wondered when and if they would ever be released. No date is given, but usually 21st Century has a pretty quick turn over time between announcing product and it showing up at Wal-Mart.

In other, less interesting news, I saw a bagged set of Wall-E plastic toys at a Kay-Bee toy store the other day. Might be a nice supplement if you're ever doing a sci-fi setup of any kind. You can see a picture of the Bag-o-Bots at Amazon.com.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a pity that this release appears to be paratroops rather than ordinary infantry :(

Felix said...

Well, I'm excited. I've been after a British Para with a PIAT for ages. I had hopes that Conte would come through - early prototypes on the Conte site (years ago) showed a pose that looked suspiciously like the prone figure in the forthcoming 21st Century set. I wonder if Conte sold the sculpting?

Beau said...

Interesting idea. But since these are so similar in sytle to the rest of 21st's latest offerings, I would assume they are original sculpts, but no way of knowing of course. Could even be the same sculptor working for a new company!! You just never know.