Saturday, January 5, 2008

No sign of 21st Century

I've been keeping an eye out for any of the new 21st Century infantry sets at my local Wally World. So far, nothing. And when I say nothing, I mean zilch. All the Wal-Marts around me don't seem to be stocking 21st Century at all. They used to carry all the 1/6 figures and weapons sets, the 1/16 figures, and lots of the 1/32 sets including infantry, armor, and aircraft. I walked in the other day, and found a lone package of 1/6 weapons. Bleck. I hope this isn't the beginning of a trend. I could always count on Wally World to get me some toy soldiers at discounted retail price. Hopefully it's just a case of them not being fully restocked after the Christmas rush. hopefully....

It's been awhile since I've really dug into my collection and set up any displays. Christmas really takes over around here, and then the New Year hits, and now finally, life can go back to it's normal hectic routine. It also didn't help that I got Call of Duty 4 for Christmas. It's one heck of a game, and I've spent a fair amount of time proving my inadequacy at multi-player shoot em' ups. Here's a free tip for those that might one day venture into an online game. DON'T SHOOT YOUR OWN TEAMMATE!!! They don't seem to appreciate it.

My email... it's still working I assume. I'm simply not opening it. I will someday. I just don't have time to pour through it every day, and the amount of email that comes in is crazy. Most of it is junk. Maybe I just need a new address, but that seems like a daunting task in it's own right. I'll try one day, but not today, and chances are, not tomorrow.

No comments: