Monday, April 6, 2009

Dear Long Time Readers...

Thanks for stopping by my webpage. It means a lot to me that you actually opened up your browser, and managed to land on my little corner of the internet. And it is a little corner, but this particular corner has been around for coming up on 5 whole years. Yup, it was June of 2004 when my band fell apart, and I needed something new to write about online. And that something was naturally Toy Soldiers. I started this page mostly as a way to pass the time at work, and because I liked the idea of being able to create a webpage from scratch. At the time it was fairly novel. These days, all you need is a google username, and WHAM, you can have your own website in under 30 seconds. And that's pretty awesome. I've seen several new "blogs" pop up having to do with toy soldiers, miniatures, and collecting in general over the years. And being able to share our collections, and see what others are doing is what makes this hobby so much fun.

I've been mentioning over the past few months that The Plastic Battalion will be undergoing some MAJOR changes soon. I think a five year anniversary is a pretty good time to do it.

1 comment:

Col.Pickle said...

Hey, it's you we should be thanking! You pretty regular (in posting that is, not sure about anythign else ;) ) and your posts are well done and informative.