Saturday, January 3, 2009

21st C. Clearance at WM

Stopped by my local Wal-Mart today and saw that all of their 21st Century items are on clearance. 1/32 vehicles are $9, all 1/32 figure three packs are $3, all 1/18 figures are $3, all 1/72 vehicles including planes were, I think, $3. Good time to stock up, if there is any stock left. All mine had in 1/32 were some Chinese Infantry and some planes, which didn't look to be discounted.

It's Wildcard Weekend for us NFL fans, so today is going to be spent in front of the TV with a Grape Crush in one hand, and a paint brush in the other. Going to try to finish up a few projects that have been sitting around for awhile including a few Hobby Bunker foam pieces, starting with the courtyard. But I have a huge decision... should I paint it a Summer or Winter theme?? Hmmm.... maybe I can compromise with a Fall look.

Oh, one more thing. I hit my local Hobbytown U.S.A. today and they had some nicely bagged cloned/copied WWII figures. They were labeled as Stevens International. They had bags of American, Japanese, and German... possibly some Russians?? They were 5 dollars a bag. They were the usual Matchbox and Airfix clones, so if you're in the market for some, try your HobbyTown, or whatever is equivalent.

No comments: