Friday, August 1, 2008

The Latest Catches

Last night, whilst perusing my local Wal-Mart, I finally found some of the new 21st Century Chinese Infantry. Now, I have no idea what I'm going to do with these figures, but the poses were so cool, and they were so unique, I had to get them. HAD TO!!! One downside, the guy with the binocs, his rifle is very fragile near the tip and is about ready to break off.

I have a tendency to paint my 21st Century figures in solid colors to match my other figures, but I doubt I'll do that with these. They look so nice, and besides, It would be hard to set up a scene with only six infantry. So I'll just leave them to be nice display items.

Stephanie, while at the Michael's craft store, picked me up a Lemax Spooky Town palm tree. I'm not sure what's so spooky about a palm tree, but it's going to look great with my next Pacific Island scene. It cost 4.99, but I reckon they'll go on sale once halloween gets a bit closer. I'ma gonna get me a whole load of em'. You can find the whole range of new Lemax items, including the Spooky town collection, at www.lemaxcollection.com. Just to warn you, the vast majority of it is NOT useful for our hobby. If the figures were just a touch smaller, we could probably really have some fun with them.


No comments: